Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Follow up to 1/26 Dr. appt.

So it's finally official. I have PCOS. I think I have already come to terms with it because I have always had these problems. My Dr. seemed very hopeful and pro-active about the situation. I mentioned the charting and he told me it is a good way to keep track of ovulation and insemination and also eventually pregnany. Either way he didnt seem to into it or to against it so that made me feel better. He explained my bloodwork and my ultrasound results, and showed me what my ovaries look like compared to "normal" ovaries.

Seeing mr Dr. be so hopeful makes me more hopeful then when I went in. He put me on Metformin. 500mg x10 days, 1000mg x10 days, 1500mg x10 days, and then 1500mg x30 days. I am, however, looking forward to the weight loss that he promised should happen!! Once I have been on the Metformin for a couple months he is going to give me something else. It began with a G but I can't think of the name of it. It's to stimulate O.

DH is taking this rather well. He 1st of all wants me to be healthy. I am so lucky to have such a supportive, patient man by my side! I know he wants to be a daddy just as much as I want to be a mommy but he would rather me be all straightened out before I have a little one to chace after. We definatly are not putting anything on hold, however!! We will be going full force cause you never know when that sneaky lil bastart of an egg will pop out of there!

I go back in April to see how things are going and to be put on that other Rx. The one thing that makes me sad is by the time April rolls around it will almost be a year that we have been trying and it's crazy to think about! But this is now a novel and I need to start my day at work!

No comments: